We recently attended Digital Summit Denver, in its 3rd year. The conference was two days filled with interesting talks and workshops on content strategy, user experience design, analytics, research and more.
Here are just a few of the takeaways from this year’s event:
1. Google search: Google is getting much smarter about reading and understanding your website. The best approach is to make sure your content is well-written and valuable to your visitors and don’t worry so much about “keywords”.
2. Design first: Even when searching for important information, people will judge the value of the information by the design before they even start reading.
3. Millennial evolution: Embrace the millennials, because they are the decision makers now – 73% of the millennials say they’re involved in their B2B decision making process.
4. Keep up: Communication channels are changing. In the ever-evolving world of digital, there is no such thing as an expert anymore. Everything comes from tinkering.
5. Lighten up: Humor is a great tool to connect with your audience, when done with care.